Welcome to this week’s “Throwback Thursday” installment. Today, we’re going to revisit a short post that was originally published back on February 19, 2016 and has been revised.
Catholicism: East of Eden: Insights into Catholicism for the 21st Century
By Richard Bennett
Banner of Truth, 2010, 336 pages
In this excellent book, ex-priest, Richard Bennett, provides a compassionate yet uncompromising critique of Roman Catholicism in comparison to God’s Word and Biblical Christianity. Catholicism claims to be the “one true church,” but in each chapter Bennett details how the Catholic church strayed from the genuine Gospel and simple, saving faith in Jesus Christ that was preached by the New Testament church to institutionalized religious legalism and ritualism. As a former Dominican priest for twenty-two years, Bennett’s insights into Catholicism are unassailable.
- From Tradition To Truth: A Priest’s Story
- The Lord Gave His Word: Unshakable Authority
- The Mystique of the Catholic Priesthood
- The Papacy: An Overview of Its History and Nature
- The Papal Claim to Have the Keys of the Apostle Peter
- Baptism, Confirmation, and the Anointing of the Sick
- Encounters in the Confession Box
- The Mass as a Sacrifice
- Holy Communion
- The Mystic Plague
- Images of “Christ” and the Gospel
- The Biblical Mary and Tradition
- God’s Institution of Marriage and Rome’s Infringement on It
- Convent Life
- Biblical Unity in the Lord
- The Alignment of New Evangelicals with Catholicism
Bennett is founder and director of The Berean Beacon, an evangelical ministry to Roman Catholics. Copies of “Catholicism East of Eden” can be ordered directly from the Berean Beacon or from Amazon.com here.
For a list of over 360 books that compare Catholicism with God’s Word, see my Books tab here.
“Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.” – Genesis 4:16