- Cardinal Napier denounces EWTN host, Raymond Arroyo
- Row erupts among Catholics; Pope is accused of ‘wrecking’ the Church
It’s interesting to watch pope Francis’ progressive allies taking potshots at the conservative EWTN Catholic media conglomerate and vice versa. These are indeed fascinating times when conservative Catholics feel they must oppose their pope.
- Buffalo, New York Catholic parishioners are using the collection basket to ask embattled bishop to resign
- FBI ramping up its Buffalo Diocese investigation
- Syracuse diocese releases list of 57 sexually abusive priests
Here in Western/Central New York, the dioceses of Buffalo and Syracuse have recently come out with their “limited” lists of abusive pedophile priests. The diocese of Rochester last updated its list of abusive priests in 2012. Expect more priests to be identified in all three cities, along with their bishop-enablers, following current investigations by the State of New York and the U.S. Department of Justice. We’ve already seen evidence of Buffalo’s bishop, Richard Malone, covering up for abusive priests. He still defiantly clings to his office six weeks after the airing of the “60 Minutes” exposé in late-October.
- Catholics must hate the sin of homosexuality
- Pope Francis ‘worried’ about homosexuality in the priesthood
It’s ironic that, only now, during this current pedophile priests and cover-up scandal tsunami, are Catholics beginning to acknowledge and react to the phenomenon of the large percentage of homosexuals in the ranks of their priests. Catholicism’s mandatory rule of clerical celibacy both attracted and fostered deviancy.
- Why I left the Catholic Church
- Amid Scandal After Scandal, One Catholic Mother Faces A Painful Choice
These testimonies by disaffected Catholics are heartbreaking. Understandably repulsed by the corruption of their church’s priests and hierarchy, they’re abandoning religion altogether. Where are the evangelicals pointing them to Jesus Christ and the Gospel of grace?
When every Catholic in North America reads a headline like the one above, they say to themselves, Who are the bishops to tell us what is sinful when they’ve been covering up for pedophile priests for decades, if they haven’t been abusing children themselves?
- Recent Baptist Convert Horrified To Discover ‘BYOB’ Fellowship Night Meant ‘Bring Your Own Bible’ (satire)
I got a good chuckle out of this satire from the Babylon Bee. I remember, as a new convert to Christ, going through the sometimes “awkward” process of giving up old habits and acquiring some new ones.