While my interest in politics continues to wane, I did watch the recent Senate hearings featuring SCOTUS nominee, Brett Kavanaugh (photo left), and his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford. A couple of takeaways:
- In a televised interview prior to the hearings, Kavanaugh pointed to his Catholic upbringing as an indicator of his moral excellence: “When I was in high school — and I went to an all boys Catholic high school, a Jesuit high school (i.e. Georgetown Preparatory, photo right, replete with a statue of the founder of the Jesuits and sworn enemy of the Protestant Reformation, Ignatius Loyola), where I was focused on academics and athletics, going to church every Sunday at Little Flower, working on my service projects, and friendship, friendship with my fellow classmates and friendship with girls from the local all girls Catholic schools.” Hmm. In my personal experiences and observations, membership and participation in Roman Catholic institutions definitely DOES NOT ensure moral excellence.
- The Democratic members of the Senate Judicial Committee claim Kavanaugh is morally unfit to be a SCOTUS justice due to Dr. Blasey Ford’s allegations, but aren’t these very same senators even less morally fit because of their unqualified support of the murder of the unborn on demand?
- Pope admits: ‘We need to change’ – Priest sex abuse scandals driving Catholics away
- Catholic Answers founder: ‘Clarity’ is antidote to ‘most controversial papacy in memory’
- Did Cardinal Maradiaga just confirm Viganò’s claims about Pope Francis?
- Pope Francis Shut Down Investigation Into Cardinal Who Helped Elect Him
- Pope Francis refuses to take reporters’ questions on abuse crisis
- Pope’s Silence Regarding Accusations of Abuse Cover-up Stokes Anger Across Catholic Spectrum
Speaking of immorality in the Catholic church, this pedophile priest and cover-up scandal tsunami that began in early summer continues to fester. Pressure is growing for pope Francis to address credible accusations that he participated in covering up for pedophile cardinal, Theodore McCarrick.
The German Catholic church is the vanguard for liberal reforms. The Germans took the lead in pushing for the lifting of the ban on communion for remarried divorcees as well as allowing intercommunion with Protestants. The Germans are now calling for the end of obligatory celibacy for priests. The pedophile priest scandal tsunami has put celibacy on the hot seat.
Why aren’t conservative Catholics making a bigger stink about Francis selling out to the Chinese communist government? Francis’ reform steamroller has bludgeoned them into silence.
This conservative priest must not have gotten the email. Burning rainbow flags in Francis’ progressive Catholicism is verboten.