I’ll be glad when this presidential election is over in more ways than one. Whenever I google “Catholics” for trending news stories, most of the results have something to do with the coming election.
- On Abortion, A Surprising Number Of Catholics Side With Tim Kaine
- Meet Planned Parenthood’s Tim Kaine
- Lay Catholic Group: Tim Kaine’s Radical Views Stem From Embrace of Liberation Theology
- Donald Trump is finally an evangelical bridge too far
Democratic vice-presidential candidate, Tim Kaine, infuriates Catholic conservatives with his support of abortion and same-sex marriage but the reality is many Catholics side with him. Donald Trump? Have his recently-released remarks from 2005 about groping women finally made him unelectable?
- For Pope Francis, legalism makes Christians stupid
- Some Catholics defend using the internet for ‘liturgy shaming’
- Proposed synod on married priests ‘was voted down by Pope’s advisers’
Francis and the church’s traditionalists continue their tug-of-war. The pope was able to sneak through his communion-for-remarried-divorcees reform, but the proposed synod on married priests was strictly a preliminary trial balloon to grease the skids for the next pope.
- Americans & Evangelicals Misunderstand Basic Christian Doctrines – Fail Theology 101
- More US Evangelicals Than Americans in General Believe ‘Everyone’ Will Go to Heaven
- Torn Over Donald Trump and Cut Off by Culture Wars, Evangelicals Despair
- The Words ‘Evangelicals’ and ‘Despair’ Should Never Appear Together
Evangelicals are waking up to the new reality that America is no longer a “Christian nation” and Bible-illiterate members of non-denominational mega-churches hear “sermons” every week about “mistakes” rather than sins and on how to “live your best life now.”
The American Catholic church is facing a grim future with membership numbers in a deep dive. Have you ever been to a Catholic mass or seen one on TV? There’s no reason for a Catholic to go to boring mass (and the vast majority don’t) except for the threat of eternal damnation for missing one.
We saw the Catholic church shamelessly exploit the popularity of John Paul II and Mother Teresa by expediting their canonizations. Now Francis is doing the same thing for French priest, Jacques Hamel, who was killed by members of ISIS back in July.
- How the Rosary is a key weapon in the fight against Satan
- Pope Francis: Mary is our Mother, who defends us
- Vatican opens Cause of nun who saw Host turn blood-red
- Holy Eucharist Stolen From Manhattan Church
Catholicism being Catholicism, there’s always some stories in the news every week about some of its funky, unscriptural traditions.
The US Catholic church has already paid out over 4 billion dollars to victims of abuse. Cardinal Dolan’s PR effort is too little too late.
Like the vast majority of devout Catholics, Wahlberg lifts up his church rather than Jesus Christ. The only time the actor talks about Jesus in this article is in regards to receiving the consecrated Jesus wafer into his mouth. Marky Mark needs to start reading the Bible and to accept Jesus as his Savior. And if I were him I’d carefully monitor any priests involved with my children. Strike that. I wouldn’t allow ANY priests around my children.
Francis and I don’t agree on much but I do share his sorrow over children being indoctrinated with “gender theory” at school.
Some interesting English history regarding the 17th-century tussle between Catholics and Protestants over control of the country.
An interesting assessment of post-Vatican II Catholicism from a European evangelical perspective.
Rome always comes up with some cockamamie justification for not selling ANY of its art treasures.