Just about every day I scan the internet for interesting news stories about the Catholic church. I collect a lot of reports but I don’t always have the bandwidth to write in length about each of them. So here’s a collection below of important, recent reports, grouped by topic, with some very brief headings written by me:
Catholic conservatives continue to grow increasingly frustrated with pope Francis. Where is this all heading? There’s some traditionalists openly calling for Francis to resign.
- Exclusive: Bishop Schneider takes up Pope’s remarks on contraception for Zika
- Three years on, pope leaves Catholic conservatives feeling marginalized
- Pro-life and Catholic leaders voice grave concern over Pope’s contraception remarks
The Catholic hierarchy continues in its efforts to recover the “separated brethren.”
- The Catholic Counter-Reformation Is Over
- Sacramento Catholics, Presbyterians come together to celebrate Palm Sunday
The shameful pedophile priest scandal and cover-up continues.
- Top French Catholic cleric denies covering up acts of paedophilia
- In ‘groundbreaking’ case, Franciscan friars charged with allowing abuse of at least 80 kids
- The Pedophile-Blind Cardinal Who Could Bring Down Pope Francis
Several days ago, I reported that pope-emeritus, Benedict, was bemoaning the fact that Catholicism planted the seeds of its own decline by declaring at Vatican II and afterward that everyone – Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Protestants, and atheists – could go to Heaven if they were “good” (see here). In response to Benedict’s remarks, an unbeliever wrote an article below asking why anyone would waste another second of their lives in a Catholic church pew if all “good” people are going to Heaven; a question I have asked MANY times in this blog. Evangelicals who embrace Catholicism as a Christian church need to repent and stand up for the Gospel of salvation by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone. If this atheist can see what’s going on, why are some evangelicals so blind?
- If a former pope says non-Catholics can go to heaven, why be Catholic?