What Every Catholic Should Ask
By James G. McCarthy
Harvest House Publishers, 1999, 32 pages
This short booklet introduces Roman Catholics to the Gospel of salvation by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ and answers some basic questions that come up when comparing God’s Word to Catholic tradition.
- A Close Friendship with God
- Can Anyone Know? (that they have eternal life)
- How Does God See Me?
- What Went Wrong?
- Is There a Way Back to God?
- God’s Will or Mine?
- Why Did Jesus Come?
- Why Did Jesus Die?
- What is God Offering?
- What Must I Do?
- What Happened to the Good News?
- God’s Word or Man’s Word?
- How Shall I Worship Christ?
- Who Is the Real Mary?
- Where Do I Go From Here?
This nicely designed booklet would be a blessing to Catholic friends and family. Used copies are available at Amazon.com.
Evangelical minister and ex-Catholic, James G. McCarthy, has written several additional books dealing with Roman Catholicism and all are available from Amazon:
- The Gospel According to Rome: Comparing Catholic Tradition and the Word of God (1995). This 408-page book presents a detailed comparison of God’s Word and Catholic tradition. Highly recommended.
- Roman Catholicism: What You Need to Know (Quick Reference Guide pamphlet) (1995)
- Letters Between a Catholic and an Evangelical (2003). McCarthy dialogues with a Catholic priest
- Talking with Catholic Friends and Family (2005)
For Harvest House Publishers’ current offerings on Roman Catholicism, see here.
For James G. McCarthy’s website see here.
For my list of 300 books (updated monthly) that compare God’s Word with Roman Catholicism, see here.