We’re seeing growing anti-Muslim sentiment in this country as a reaction to ISIS terrorism. In support of Muslims, Larycia Hawkins, a teacher at Wheaton College,
an evangelical school, recently stated, “I stand in religious solidarity with Muslims because they, like me, a Christian, are people of the book. And as Pope Francis stated last week, we worship the same God.” The college suspended Hawkins for her remarks. See the story below.
In our “post-modern” age, with its emphasis on relativism, inclusivism, and plurality anyone who claims their way is the ONLY way is going to be increasingly frowned upon.
But Jesus DID claim He was the ONLY way. He came into this world and died for the sins of everyone. He defeated sin and death when He rose from the grave and He offers the free gift of salvation to all those who accept Him as their Savior.
Christ’s disciples went out into the world spreading the Good News of salvation through Jesus. They went to the Jews. They went to the followers of the various religions throughout the Roman world. Theirs was not a message of relativism, inclusivism, and plurality but of ONLY ONE WAY of salvation through Jesus. They suffered for their exclusivist message. Many died for the cause of Christ. Universalists can’t support their wide-is-the-way theology through the testimony of the early church
Muslims believe Jesus was only a prophet. They don’t believe He was God the Son. They don’t believe He died on the cross at Calvary. Like Catholicism, Islam believes in salvation through a combination of grace and works. See here. The pope and the Catholic church view Muslims as brothers and sisters because they both allegedly worship the same God of Abraham. Catholicism claims to be the umbrella of salvation for the entire world; everyone, even atheists, will be saved through the church if they “follow the light they are given” and are “good.” That’s a man-made fabrication and a lie. That was NOT the message of the early church. That is NOT the message of God’s Word.
Salvation is by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone. Francis is wrong. Hawkins is wrong.
Christians and Muslims don’t worship same God, SBC leader says
December 18, 2015
- 1 Timothy 2:5-6 For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time.
- 1 John 2:23 Anyone who denies the Son doesn’t have the Father, either. But anyone who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
- 1 John 5:10-12 All who believe in the Son of God know in their hearts that this testimony is true. Those who don’t believe this are actually calling God a liar because they don’t believe what God has testified about his Son. And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.
- 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.
- John 5:23 So that everyone will honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him.
- Matthew 11:27 “My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”
- Acts 4:12 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved (JESUS).”
- John 14:6-7 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
- John 1:11-12 He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
- John 3:16-18 Jesus says, “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.”
- John 5:21-22 For just as the Father gives life to those he raises from the dead, so the Son gives life to anyone he wants. In addition, the Father judges no one. Instead, he has given the Son absolute authority to judge,
- John 6:35 Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
- John 6:47-48 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. Yes, I am the bread of life!
- John 8:51 I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!”
- John 10:9 Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.
- John 10:27-28 Jesus says, My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
- John 11:25-26 Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die.”
- John 12:48 Jesus says, But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken.
- Acts 2:36 “So let everyone in Israel know for certain that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, to be both Lord and Messiah!”
- Acts 16:30-33 Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household.” And they shared the word of the Lord with him and with all who lived in his household. Even at that hour of the night, the jailer cared for them and washed their wounds. Then he and everyone in his household were immediately baptized.
- Romans 5:21 So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God’s wonderful grace rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Ephesians 4:4-6 For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all.
- Romans 8:2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
- Romans 8:11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.
- Romans 10:9-11 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.”
- Philippians 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- 1 John 1:7 But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
- Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.
- Hebrews 9:14-15 Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins. That is why he is the one who mediates a new covenant between God and people, so that all who are called can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins they had committed under that first covenant.
- Hebrews 9:24-28 For Christ did not enter into a holy place made with human hands, which was only a copy of the true one in heaven. He entered into heaven itself to appear now before God on our behalf. And he did not enter heaven to offer himself again and again, like the high priest here on earth who enters the Most Holy Place year after year with the blood of an animal. If that had been necessary, Christ would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But now, once for all time, he has appeared at the end of the age to remove sin by his own death as a sacrifice. And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment, so also Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.
- 1 John 2:1-2 My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.